Acting Director, Policy and Integrity, Australian Research Council
Assistant Director, Ethics and Integrity Section, National Health & Medical Research Council
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Training) and Dean of Graduate Research, UNSW Sydney
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Researcher Development) & Dean of Graduate Research, University of Tasmania
Vice-Chancellor and President, Western Sydney University
CEO, National Foundation for Medical Research and Innovation
- Is currently CEO of the National Foundation for Medical Research and Innovation.
- His experience includes positions in research, research translation, commercialization, start-up companies, biotechnology and philanthropy.
- Has a PhD in pharmacology/medicinal chemistry and patented discoveries in type II diabetes for which he received the Biota Award for Medicinal Chemistry.
- Then moved to industry where he became CEO of a number of listed and unlisted biotechnology/health related companies.
- Previously Director of Philanthropy at Research Australia
- Was a member of the Federal Government’s Advisory Council for Intellectual Property (ACIP) from 2009-2014
- Chaired the 2012 ACIP review into collaborations between Publicly Funded Research Organisations and Industry.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), University of Tasmania